Beyond the Scale
So you've gained a few pounds and want to camouflage the weight while you're reducing- or you just want to look slimmer. The clothing you wear can certainly help create the illusion of slimness and minimize any extra weight. Here are a few easy style tips.
1. Shape wear - it works! It smooths and reshapes. You stand taller, feel better and become more aware of your posture.
2. The right bra- the wrong bra can make you look older, heavier, and short-waisted, especially if you've gained weight.
3. One stroke of color from head-to-toe is an incredible leg lengthening look that is so slimming- and it does not have to be boring.
4. Use color strategically. Wear brights on your best areas and dark colors on those areas you want to minimize.
5. Pump up your accessories. Use your accessories to direct the attention away from any figure challenges. For example, use a statement necklace or scarf to frame your face.
6. Don't go baggy.... that's what we all feel like doing when we put on a few.... Instead wear something tailored. Ditch the tent.
7. A little black dress that fits and flatters is a great go-to
8. Stay away from anything that adds bulk - pockets, extra zippers, textured fabrics, double buttons, decorations, elastic waistbands, shine etc.
9. New jeans - for a slimming effect try boot cut jeans. These pants flare slightly from the knee, making you look more balanced and slimmer in the hips. The darker the denim the better.
10. Add a vertical line anywhere you can. Vertical lines keep the eye moving up & down, rather than side to side creating the illusion of a longer and leaner silhouette.